Socks may be a practical gift, but they're anything but boring. Novelty socks come in all different colors and patterns and can make a really awesome gift for people of all ages. You can take the novelty sock gift idea a step further and turn them into a sock bouquet with just a few simple steps.What you'll need:
- 6 pairs of novelty socks (crew socks or longer)
- 12 safety pins
- 12 bamboo or plastic skewers
- 1 vase
- 1 ribbon or other items to decorate the vase with
1. Take one sock and lay it out on a flat surface. Fold the sock in half at the sole.
2. Beginning at the opening of the sock, roll it tightly towards the toe. Continue rolling until the sock resembles a rose shape.
3. Pin the rose with a safety pin to keep it from unraveling.
4. Slide a skewer into the center of the sock rose to create a stem.
5. Repeat this process until you have a dozen sock roses completed.
6. Place all 12 roses in a vase and tie a ribbon around the vase to add an extra special touch. You can also decorate the vase with glitter, paint, or any other unique items you wish.
7. Add a card to the sock bouquet to really make it feel like an actual floral bouquet.Why The Sock Bouquet Is The Perfect Gift
This is a great gift idea for dads who are always in need of socks for Christmas or Father's Day. It's a practical gift presented in a fun and interesting way. It's also a thoughtful gift for the teenagers in your life who are constantly losing socks but might think receiving socks as a gift is a bit boring.
If you're struggling with finding a great gift for a "White Elephant" gift exchange, this is an excellent idea. It's quirky and unique but also useful for the recipient and something that won't get tossed aside or placed into a drawer after being opened, never to be seen again.
On our website, you will find a large selection of novelty socks perfect for this sock bouquet project. Even though our novelty socks are a wonderful gift given on their own, the sock bouquet elevates them to another level.